Easy Gluten-Free French Toast
6 slices of Daily or Multi-Grain Bread
2 eggs, whisked
2/3 cups cream, OR nut milk, such as almond or cashew
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
Pinch of sea salt
2 Tablespoons butter or coconut oil for cooking
Fresh berries of choice
Butter or fresh whipped cream
1. Cut the slices of bread into half triangles.
2. In a shallow dish, mix the eggs, milk, spices, syrup, and salt. Mix well.
3. Dip the bread slices into the mixture and coat well on both sides.
(Allow the bread to soak up the mixture by leaving them in the mixture for
about a minute on each side.)
4. Heat a non-stick grilling pan to medium and add in oil of choice.
5. Place dipped slices on grill and cook on each side for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Serve immediately dusted with powdered sugar, and topped with maple syrup and fruit/nuts, etc.